LG Smart TV is highly recommended among users all over the world for entertainment purposes. Thanks to the great quality of LG products, you can get much more impressive experiences.
It is very simple to make LG smart TV accessible to other streaming channels. But if I would like to use Apple TV services on your TV, is it acceptable? Can I activate my Apple TV on my LG smart TV?
Can I use Apple TV on my LG smart TV?
LG has offered their customers to connect with both Apple TV, and Apple TV Plus on their smart TVs recently. However, this feature only works with LG smart TVs version 2018 or later.
LG started to add this function to their products in 2020, especially for 2019 LG Smart TVs. Then they have upgraded other models of smart TVs version 2018 and later gradually so as to be accessible to the Apple TV services.
Nevertheless, LG smart TVs will be able to support this streaming service in some specific regions and countries. Here’s the details about the connection of Apple TV on LG smart TV.
How to use Apple TV on LG smart TV
After some adjustments, Apple TV and Apple TV Plus are currently supported by all LG smart TVs version 2020, even certain models of 2018 Smart TVs. You can enjoy your Apple TV services on these LG smart TVs simply with no need for other extra supporting instruments. You should follow the easy-to-go process as belows:
- Step 1: Use your smart remote to open your TV Home Launcher
- Step 2: Find the Apple TV app. In case, it does not pop up on your screen, move to the LG Content Store, then start to install your Apple TV app for your TV.
- Step 3: Open the app and select the Start Watching option
- Step 4: Sign-in or login your Apple ID to activate your Apple TV app
Besides, for Apple TV Plus, you just need to connect with the Apple TV Plus channel, then adhere to any guideline indicated on your screen. After all those steps, you will be able to stream any program or game you want on your LG smart TV for entertainment purposes.
You may also like: Apple TV 4K Review – Apple TV 4K vs Apple TV
The LG smart TVs
Over the years, LG has launched several models of smart TV which give customers more useful functions. However, there are some types of LG smart TVs that are the most common among users of streaming services. Here’s the list:
- LG smart OLED TV (2020 model): This LG TV offers customers the most updated 4K processor in order to display pictures with impressive and natural color. It will be able to support gaming players well thanks to the application of several advanced technologies. Therefore, you can not only enjoy your movies but also your games smoothly. Besides, there is a smart remote together with the LG OLED TV for voice control purposes.
- LG Nano Cell (2020 model): Like the afore-mentioned TV, the LG Nano Cell also has a 4K resolution and voice control remote via Alexa. In addition, it applies Dolby Vision IQ and Dolby Atmos technologies for this model. Thus, you will have a great opportunity to get the best feelings with the high quality of video and audio surrounding.
- LG UHD TV: In addition to the smart remote, this UHD TV gives you up to 3 HDMI ports, 1 Ethernet port and 2 USB ports. Thus, you can connect your TV with other supporting devices simultaneously. Furthermore, this TV also supports the real 4K IPS technology. So it can display any picture or image in its perfect formats without any mistake in color and detail.
Some question related to the connection between Apple TV and LG smart TV
How to get Apple TV on the older models of LG smart TV?
Since last year, LG has upgraded some of their 2018 smart TVs in order for users to connect easier and quicker with other streaming channels like Apple TV. It does mean that it is impossible for any older LG TVs to be compatible with Apple TV now.
Can you watch Apple TV for free on your TV?
You will be able to watch any TV show or movie via Apple TV free of charge on your smart TVs. The only thing you have to do is to sign in if you do not have any Apple ID account yet or log in if your Apple ID account is available already.
What is the better choice between Amazon Prime and Apple TV?
In general, both Amazon Prime and Apple TV offer their customers a better quality of video and audio. In particular, Apple TV gives you a chance to watch the Apple TV contents offline after downloading them. Otherwise, Amazon Prime only supports this feature all the time for many services.
Apple TV is now accessible on most of the 2019 and 2020 LG smart TVs, and some models of 2018 LG smart TVs as well. Besides, the Apple TV solely works with these types of LG smart TVs in more than 80 regions and countries around the world.
To get your Apple TV, you can simply use your voice control remote so as to open your Apple TV or let your channel be ready through LG Content Store. Then, together with an Apple ID, it is possible for you to enjoy any video and audio at the highest level of quality.