You’re looking for a way to make Firestick work on your Roku TV but can’t seem to find the right answer, then you’ve come to the right place as our tech experts will explain in a very simple way step by step what you need to do to bridge these two gadgets to give you the ultimate streaming experience.
Can Firestick work on Roku TV? Yes, you can totally use Firestick on Roku TV if you have an additional HDMI port on your TV. The answer you’ve been looking for to enable Fire TV Stick to work on your Roku TV is an HDMI multi-port, or you need an additional HDMI port in case your TV has none or just only one HDMI. With an HDMI input port, Firestick can bring you the world of entertainment through its popular streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, and thousands of other applications which can be side-loaded onto your familiar Roku TV.
You may also like: The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide: How to Watch TV Without Cable or Satellite?
Steps to setup Firestick on Roku TVs
- Step 1: Plug the Firestick into the HDMI port
- Step 2: Go to Settings on Roku TV, scroll down to and select TV Inputs, select HDMI port. Select Set up input, after doing this step, an HDMI icon will appear on the Home screen of your Roku TV
- Step 3: To easily distinguish and find the Firestick you will want to rename the HDMI input, to do this, go back to Settings => TV Inputs => HDMI
- Step 4: You will see three options: Rename, Remove, HDMI Mode. Now, you want to select Rename, scroll down to “Edit custom name & icon” and select to continue
- Step 5: Enter the FireTV “name” you want, select OK, then select a recognizable icon, select OK
- Step 6: Return to the main screen of Roku TV, you will see the new Firestick icon right there, click on it to access Firestick. When you get to the Fire TV Stick’s screen, you’ll need to use its remote to browse.
Here’s all you need to do to add Firestick on a Roku Tv device, as simple as that. In the next parts, I will answer questions about Firestick installation, such as does Firestick works with built-in HDMI, what are the best HDMI devices for Firestick, do you need Firestick on Roku TV. Read on for more useful info.
Does Firestick work with a built-in HDMI port?
The answer is an absolute yes. Fire TV Stick can do a great job with your available HDMI port. The thing is not all smart TVs have this type of connection.
What’s more, if you already use your single HDMI port to connect to a Roku Stick or Roku-enabled device, then there isn’t any HDMI port left for the Firestick. That’s why if TVs have no or only 1 HDMI port, an additional port comes for rescue.
Where to find the best HDMI ports?
If you don’t want to waste time scrolling through thousands of HDMI extension products, let me save you from this confusion. Here come the most chosen and recommended HDMI ports that we pick out from the crowd based on reviews of customers.
- More than just an additional HDMI port, it’s also a handy VGA Adapter
- It has 3 ports: HDMI/VGA/DVI to accommodate many purposes
- Compact and fits in your pocket
- Bargain price compared to its quality, it often goes for less than 25 dollars
- This is Amazon’s choice product. It has nearly 7000 excellent reviews praising its speed and image quality
- As top-of-the-class with 3 HDMI ports in and 1 HDMI out, you can connect it to Firestick, projector, TV box, DVD Player, and more.
- If you want top-notch picture quality, this is the product for you with its amazing 4K streaming capabilities.
- Similar to the GANA Gold product, it also has 3 HDMI ports in and 1 out to connect multiple devices simultaneously.
- It has received nearly 30,000 five-star ratings affirming its quality and excellent user experience
- This compact device is designed for MacBooks and Apple TVs, or Lenovo, Thinkpad, or Surface Book computers.
- It uses USB Type C (Thunderbolt 3) port and has two external 4K HDMI output
- The price is only about $15 more or less, and it has become a best seller with rave reviews.
Help out with your Firestick
In this section, I will answer the most frequently asked questions about the Fire TV Stick.
How to setup Firestick on any smart TV
- Step 1: Plug the Fire TV Stick into the HDMI port on your TV, if Roku TVs are not available, check out the best additional HDMI ports we recommend below. You need to make notes:
- Plug the Firestick correctly into the HDMI port
- Make sure the Firestick device does not run out of power, you can use the Firestick and charge it at the same time
- Your Roku TVs are already on
- Step 2: After connecting Firestick to Roku TV, you need to wait a bit for the sync to be done. If the message “Searching for your remote” and “Tap Home to pair” is displayed on the screen, press the HOME button on the Firestick’s remote control. Then, Press Play/Pause on the remote control to go to the initial setting screen.
- Step 3: perform the initial settings, as usual, you should follow the instructions step by step as they are the same for any Firestick-integrated devices.
- Choose your language
- Select the wifi network, enter the correct password to connect to the internet
- Sign in to your existing Firestick account or sign up for a new account.
- Step 4: After successfully logging in to your Firestick account, continue with the following configuration:
- Verify account
- Save your Firestick Password option
- Set up parental control
- Subscribe to the Prime plan or use the Standard plan
One more step to go if you use Firestick on Roku TVs, you only need to do it once the first time.
- Step 5: Select the apps you want to download and install streaming applications on your Roku TV. To select, right-click on the TV channels you want, then press Select/OK to highlight them. Then, click Play to continue, you will see a notification that the applications will be downloaded, select “Download apps” to simultaneously download the selected applications.
Can I continue using my Roku service without a firestick?
Absolutely YES, the choice is up to you. Roku is one of the long-standing and best-supported streaming services on the market. For those in their 30s, 40s or so, Roku is the most familiar platform. You can use Roku to watch diverse IPTV services or stream thousands of your favorite content. However, the Fire TV Stick earns a reputation for very sound reasons. And Roku featuring Firestick is such a great combination for Roku TV owners.
Why should I install Firestick on Roku TVs:
- Being the champion for the IPTV streaming platform, Fire Stick also has a myriad of reasons for you to say yes.
- Firestick interface is more user-friendly and it offers the best user experience out there.
- Firestick lets you use voice control with Alexa
- You’ll find information faster than using Roku’s manual keyboard
- Access and play content with simple voice commands
- Play all types of media without having to touch any buttons
- Firestick has thousands of streaming apps and excellent VPN support if needed
The Bottom Line
In an increasingly competitive streaming market with alternatives like Apple TV or Google TV, we still recommend Roku and Firestick for their undeniable advantages. You can use the two services separately but it is ideal to get the familiar Roku and add into it modern features of Firestick. If that’s what you’re looking for then we hope to have your Roku TV successfully connected with Firestick and for an outstanding streaming experience.
- “RokuTV+Fire TV Stick! Ultimate Setup for Cord Cutting”, youtube.com, October 27, 2018.
- “How to use the Amazon Fire TV Stick”, tomsguide.com, By Henry T. Casey, retrieved May 26, 2021.
- “Adding a Fire TV Stick to a Roku TV”, youtube.com, September 19, 2019.
- “Can you Use Firestick on Roku TV”, diysmartthings.com, retrieved May 26, 2021.