We all know how great and all-around the Xbox 360 is. It is still one of the most solid gaming consoles at a decent price for you to enjoy gaming in your favorite titles with your friends if that is what you want.
However, if you think about it, your Xbox can be a platform to watch streaming videos. It has internet connection, a screen to watch, and a device to control everything. Since Netflix is one of the most popular options, it makes sense to ask: “Does Xbox 360 have Netflix?”
Does Xbox 360 have Netflix?
The Xbox comes with many streaming services for gamers or viewers in general to enjoy, and Netflix is on the list. Getting Netflix ready to be enjoyed is simple and can be done rather quickly.
Netflix on your Xbox 360
Netflix comes with the Xbox 360 all around the world that can have both Netflix itself and the Xbox Live service.
Related: Can you get Disney plus on Xbox 360?
Navigating around in Netflix on the Xbox 360
You can use your controller to scroll up and down to go through many genres and pick ones that you desire. To search for a specific movie or show, just hit the Y button.
Moreover, if your Xbox live 360 comes with Xbox Kinect, you can say “Xbox” and the list of available voice commands will show up.
Streaming video quality
Unfortunately, you won’t get 4K or HDR quality streaming videos when watching with the Xbox 360. The resolution is limited to 720p (HD).
Furthermore, HD resolution only activates when there is a movie or show title with a HD icon next to it and your internet reaches a decent speed of at least 5 Mbps (Megabit per second).
Subtitles & alternate audio
To activate subtitles when they are available on your movies or shows, just start the playback, then choose the Audio and subtitles icon and your subtitles are turned on.
You can also play your streaming movies and shows with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 if they are available with the videos. To choose to play the videos in Dolby Digital Plus, your internet will need to be at 5 Mbps or more.
Setting up Netflix in the Xbox 360
Before connecting your Xbox 360 to your Netflix account, you need to be signed in to your Xbox LIVE account. You can visit Microsoft’s support site if you need tutorials on signing in to an Xbox LIVE account.
Once you are signed in, here is what you need to do to get access to Netflix on your Xbox 360
Downloading the Netflix app
- Step 1: Start from the Xbox 360 Dashboard and head to Apps.
- Step 2: Here you will see many tiles with different services, including the Netflix tile, choose it to download the app.
- Step 3: Once you downloaded the app, open the app, and you can now begin to sign in to Netflix.
Signing in to your Netflix account
- Step 1: Access the Netflix app by going to the Apps section from the Xbox 360 Dashboard, and choose the Netflix tile.
- Step 2: Choose sign-in.
If you don’t see the Sign-in option, instead hit the “Yes” option when the “Are you a member of Netflix?” screen.
If you don’t have a membership yet, set up your membership, which will be covered below.
- Step 3: Enter your Netflix email and password, then choose Sign in.
- Step 4: Now your Xbox 360 is connected to your Netflix account.
Signing up a Netflix account using your computer
- Step 1: Go to this link: com/signup using a browser.
- Step 2: Choose a plan you desire. Netflix offers 4 plans, they are:
- Mobile: you can watch Netflix at 480p
- Mobile plus: you can watch Netflix at 1080p. This should fit your need the most if you don’t have someone to share the account.
- Standard: you can watch Netflix at 1080p but you can aldo watch on your computers and TVs
- Premium: you can watch Netflix at 4K and HDR support, also with your TVs and computers. You should only go for this plan if you have a device that supports 4K and HDR, or you are planning to upgrade to the Xbox One or Xbox series X, S.
Netflix lets users change their plan at any time, so don’t worry too much about choosing a plan.
- Step 3: Enter your email address and password to create an account.
- Step 4: Choose the payment method, and then enter your credit card number.
- Step 5: You have created your new Netflix account, just enter the email and password on your Xbox 360 and you are good to go.
Signing out of Netflix on your Xbox 360
- Step 1: From the Netflix Home screen, head to the left and choose “Get Help”
- Step 2: If you don’t see such an option, just go up and choose the Setting icon.
- Step 3: Select Sign out, then Yes to confirm your choice. You will now have the option to sign in with a different Netflix account.
- Step 1: Enter this sequence while you are in the app: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
- Step 2: Choose to Sign out, then Start over, and the Deactivate or Reset.
You will now have the option to sign in with a different Netflix account.
So, does Xbox 360 have Netflix? Netflix comes with your Xbox 360 in all regions as long as you have your Xbox LIVE account along with the device to.
Setting up the Netflix app is very easy and can be done rather quickly. It’s hard to pin-point the steps here, but the general steps are downloading the app, signing in our sign up for a new account, and you are good to go.