The Xbox is a nice and decent at best gaming console. But, it has a screen, internet connection, and hardware and software to control everything, it can be used as a platform for streaming videos. And indeed it has lots of streaming services to choose from.
One of the new streaming services that set itself in the online streaming competition is Disney plus. It has tons of contents that people love. If they have the Xbox 360, they may want Disney plus on their gaming console as well.
You may also like: The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide: How to Watch TV Without Cable or Satellite
Can you get Disney plus on Xbox 360?
Unfortunately for Xbox 360 users, Disney plus currently doesn’t support this device. It however supports the Xbox One and Xbox series X or S, along with many new or recent streaming devices.
What device does Disney plus currently support?
Here is the list of the platform or streaming service that can support Disney plus, keep in mind that Disney plus is only available in selected regions, so if you can’t find the app in your supported devices, it is possible because Disney plus isn’t available in your country yet:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon smart TVs
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- LG smart TVs
- Roku TVs
- Samsung smart TVs
- Vizio Smartcast TV
- Windows computers and laptops
- Mac OS computers and laptops
- Chromebook devices
- Any desktop browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer, and more)
- Android smartphones and tablets
- Amazon Fire tablets
- Apple AirPlay
- iPhones and iPads
- Google Chromecast
- Roku streaming devices
- Xbox One
- Xbox One S
- Xbox One X
- Xbox Series S
- Xbox Series X
It is easy to see why Disney or Microsoft might hesitate to give Disney plus support to the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 itself is a very old device. And Disney plus it’s a relatively new streaming service.
And while it can still hold on its own with some title, high-quality streaming will be very limited because of the more-than-a-decade-old hardware. And Disney plus can support 4K and HDR.
What do you need besides the right Xbox models to enjoy Disney plus?
High-Quality video streaming requires high-speed internet. The better quality your content is, the more bandwidth you will need to get a stable watching experience.
The recommended speed of your internet to stream content is 5 Mbps or more for HD streaming and 25 Mbps or more for 4K streaming. Also, the regular Xbox One won’t support 4K streaming.
You will also need to use high-bandwidth HDMI cables and displays that can support 4K streaming, assuming your Xbox model supports 4K streaming.
Watching Disney plus on supported Xbox models
Before downloading the Disney Plus app on the Microsoft Store, make sure to subscribe for the services since you need to sign in the app once downloading.
Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Press the Home button to access the Microsoft store on your support Xbox.
- Step 2: Go to the Apps section, then search for the Disney Plus app.
- Step 3: Once the app appears, choose it and choose Get to install.
- Step 4: Now launch the app, then just sign in with your account.
- Step 5: Now you can start enjoying your favorite content on Disney plus.
After this, you can access the Disney Plus app in the “My games and apps” tab with ease.
So what app can you watch on the Xbox 360?
Here is the list of apps with movies and shows that you can enjoy on your Xbox 360, many of which are still the polar choices over Disney plus. And just like Disney plus, some services will only be available in selected regions:
- Netflix: Canada, United States, Mexico, United Kingdom, and more
- Zune services:
- Music: United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, United State, Canada, and more.
- Zune music pass: United Kingdom, Italy, France, Canada, Australia, and more.
- TV: Canada and United States
- Movie rental: United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and more.
- Movie purchases: United Kingdom, France, Canada, Germany, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and more.
- Sky Player: United Kingdom
- Optik TV: Canada
- Vodafone Casa TV: Portugal
- Hulu plus (New version): United States
- Sky Go: United Kingdom
- Foxtel: Australia
- BYUtv: United States
- EPIX: United States
- Hulu: Japan
- LoveFilm: United Kingdom
- Moviestar TV: Spain
- Premium Play: Italy
- Blinkbox: United Kingdom
- MSN: Canada, Italy, German, United Kingdom, Mexico
- iHeartRadio: United States
- TODAY (MSNBC): United States
- TV: Denmark, Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Spain, and more
- ninemsn: Australia
- RTVE: Spain
- TMZ: United States and Canada
- Youtube: 24 country globally
- 4 on Demand: United Kingdom
- Dailymotion: 34 countries globally
- M6 (Astral Media): France
- Demand 5: United Kingdom
- UFC on Xbox Live: Russia, United States, and Canada.
- Astral Media Disney XD: Canada
- Real Sport: Canada
- CinemaNow: United States
- Vevo: Ireland, United Kingdom, United States, and Canada.
- Crackle from Sony Pictures: Canada, United Kingdom, United States, and Australia
- AlloCine: Germany, Spain, France, and the United Kingdom.
- HBO Go: United States
- TV: Canada, Mexico, and United States
- Xfinity On Demand: United States
- Orange TV: France
- Man’s Entertainment from Starz: United States
- Amazon Video: United States
- Paramount Movies: United States
- Kinect PlayFit: All country except for some like Russia
- Now TV: United Kingdom
- NBC News: United States
- Sony Pictures: United States
- Fox Broadcast: United States
- IGN: United Kingdom
- Vimeo: United States
- WWE on Xbox Live: United States
- Nickelodeon: United States
- And many more…
So can you get Disney plus on Xbox 360? Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 currently doesn’t support Disney Plus. You will need to upgrade to new models to get the app from the Microsoft app store.