Apple TV creates a great opportunity to access a huge collection of films, movies, or shows from various platforms. With the new technologies, it can offer you high-quality video and audio for any program.
Being able to connect with other devices simply makes Apple TV become even more flexible and attractive. So is it working with the iPhone?
How to use Apple TV with iPhone?
Most of the Apple TV have the ability to function well with all iPhone models. Depending on which version of iPhone you have, it offers some small differences in the process to get access to Apple TV.
To ensure that your devices can work well together, you should have your iPhone updated to the latest version. Besides, the way your iPhone works is different among many versions.
You may also like: How to get Netflix on Apple TV?
The Apple TV
The first model of Apple TV was introduced to the public in 2007 by Apple Corporation. Since then, it has offered you many other options with more updates, including:
- Apple TV Gen 1 (2007)
- Apple TV Gen 2 (2010)
- Apple TV Gen 3 (2012 and 2013)
- Apple TV HD (2015)
- Apple TV 4K (2017 and 2021)
Here are the simple steps to activate your Apple TV set-top box:
- Step 1: Plug one side of your HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your Apple TV and plug the other side of the cable into your TV HDMI port
- Step 2: Connect your Apple TV with the electronic outlet via a power cord
- Step 3: Open your TV, then move to the HDMI Input so as to select the Apple TV option
In case your display device does not support any HDMI port, you should consider another method with the support of the following types of equipment:
- HDMI cable
- HDMI to AV converter
- AV cable
- USB power plug
Then, take the steps as belows:
- Step 1: Plug one side of the HDMI cable into your Apple TV HDMI port
- Step 2: Plug the other side of the cable into the HDMI port of the HDMI to AV converter
- Step 3: Connect 2 ends of the AV cable with your TV and HDMI to AV converter respectively
- Step 4: Plug the smaller side of the USB cable into the USB port on the converter and the larger side of the cable into the USB power plug. Then, connect it with the electronic outlet.
- Step 5: Switch on your Apple TV
- Step 6: Open your TV, then select the appropriate input from the list
Now your Apple TV is completely connected with your TV. It does mean that it is ready to stream any favorite program on your devices.
The way to connect Apple TV to iPhone
To use Apple TV with your iPhone running at least iOS 11, you take the following steps:
- Step 1: Connect your Apple TV and your iPhone to the same Internet Network
- For Apple TV Gen 4 or later: Home Screen → Settings → Network → Configure Wireless → Choose the name of your network
- For Apple TV Gen 2 or Gen 3: Home Screen → Settings → General → Network → Configure Wireless → Select your wireless network
For all iPhones: Home Screen → Settings → Wi-Fi → Choose the suitable network from the on-screen list.
- Step 2: Open your Apple TV, then hold down the Home button on your remote
- Step 3: Move to the Settings menu
- Step 4: Click on the Remotes and Devices button
- Step 4: Choose the Remote option
- Step 5: Unlock your iPhone, then click on the Pair button when the notification “Pair Apple TV” comes up on your phone screen
- Step 6: Enter the provided code on your Apple TV to pair it with your iPhone
How to mirror your iPhone on your Apple TV?
It is also very simple for you to take advantage of the Screen Mirroring feature between your iPhone and Apple TV. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone and Apple TV with the same network
- Step 2: Move to the Control Center menu
With iPhone X or above: Swipe down from the upper corner of your phone screen
With iPhone 8 or older: Swipe up from the bottom of your phone screen
- Step 3: Select the Screen Mirroring option
- Step 4: Click on the Apple TV option from the popping up menu
- Step 5: Enter the provided code on your device if necessary
Then you can stream any video or audio from your iPhone on your Apple TV.
Some questions related to the use of Apple TV with iPhone
How can you use an iPhone as a remote for your Apple TV?
You should take the following steps: Swipe to open the Control Center box on your iPhone → Click on the Apple TV remote icon. Then, you can control your Apple TV right on your own phone.
How long does it take to pair an Apple TV with an iPhone?
In case you already activate both Apple TV and iPhone in advance, it takes around 1 minute to connect them together. You should bring your iPhone closer to your Apple TV box to get access quickly.
It is simple to connect any iPhone model running iOS 11 or later with your Apple TV. You should make sure that both your devices are connected to the same Internet Network. Thus you can pair your devices together successfully. You will be able to either pair your iPhone on your Apple TV directly or use the Screen Mirroring feature on your devices.