The Xbox 360 is a solid gaming console with meaningful upgrades from the previous consoles from Microsoft. But, if you think about it, a gaming console is a device with an operating system, a screen, and an internet connection.
That means it is possible to enjoy streaming content on your Xbox 360 after an intense round of your favorite game. With Hulu being one of the most popular streaming services, how to get Hulu on Xbox 360?
How to get Hulu on Xbox 360?
Getting Hulu on your Xbox 360 is very simple and can be done really quickly. It involves looking for the Hulu app on the store, then downloading the app, and then just launching the app.
Which Xbox model supports Hulu?
The Xbox Series X and S, the Xbox One, and the Xbox 360 will support the latest version of the Hulu app.
With those devices, you can get the Live TV and the Premium Add-ons (need a separate subscription). This version of the Hulu app also offers a better user interface along with all the latest features.
Moreover, they receive regular updates with improvements and bug fixes from the developers of the Hulu app.
Installing Hulu on the Xbox 360
Here are the steps to access tons of content of Hulu from your Xbox 360:
- Step 1: Turn on your Xbox 360, and then sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Step 2: Press the Home button on the Xbox controller to go to the Xbox home screen
- Step 3: Find and navigate to the Store, then launch it. The section name should be on the top.
- Step 4: The store menu will have the Search option sitting at the right most column, along with many other options. Choose it by pressing a button on the Controller. Or, you can just press the Y button on the controller and it will take you to the Store search section right away.
- Step 5: Type in “Hulu” in the search bar and let the store find the app
- Step 6: The Hulu app’s info screen should appear. Now move to the “Get” option, and then press the A button to choose it.
- Step 7: Now wait for the Hulu app to install until there is a notification saying “This app is installed”.
- Step 8: Now choose the Launch option to open your Hulu app.
- Step 9: Sign in to your Hulu app, then enjoy your favorite content.
Here are the steps to win into Hulu:
- Step 1: Go to this website: Hulu.com on any browser on your computers, smartphones, or tablets.
- Step 2: Choose the “Start Free Trial” option.
- Step 3: Next, choose your Hulu plan, and then click the Select button.
- Step 4: Provide the necessary information, including email, password, name, birthday, and gender. Then choose “Continue”.
- Step 5: Choose and submit your payment method. With the free trial, you will be charged starting with the next cycle of using the service. If you want to cancel your subscription without losing money, just do it before the free trial ends.
- Step 6: Now you are ready to enjoy your favorite content from Hulu on your Xbox 360.
Related: Does Xbox 360 have Netflix?
Hulu is a solid streaming service that offers many old and new movies and shows. Its most notable offer is contents from many local channels like NBC, Fox, ABC, and more.
Also, Hulu drops episodes in a season of a show as soon as that episode is out in contrast to dropping a whole season when all of the episodes are out like Netflix, which many people will appreciate. Viewers will be up to date with their favorite shows.
However, some people may see that its amount of original content is somewhat small and will take a long time to be comparable to those of Netflix or Amazon Prime Videos.
The price is what makes it stick to many people’ mind, at just about $6 per month. Compared to Netflix at about $9 per month (base plan) and Amazon Prime Video at about $13 per month, that is a lot cheaper.
But, to get that cheap price, Hulu will have to serve ads to viewers occasionally. And you will have to upgrade to the $12 per month plan if you want an ad-free experience.
While live content will be hard to replicate on cordless video streaming, you can still get some of the experience as Hulu offers Hulu Plus Live TV which sits at about $65 per month.
Just like with the base plan, this plan will have ads. And you will need to go for the 71$ per month plan to get rid of the ads.
Another thing that users may find a bit uncomfortable is the user interface (UI). It’s not because the performance is bad or anything, it is because the UI has lots of content categories and can get a bit confusing to navigate. Also, Hulu content doesn’t support HDR yet.
You can also have premium add-ons added to your Hulu account, like Cinemax, HBO Max, STARZ, and SHOWTIME. Keep in mind that those add-ons need to be purchased separately.
So, How to get Hulu on Xbox 360? Getting Hulu on your Xbox 360 gaming console is very simple and can be done in minutes.
Hulu is a great streaming service that offers many great shows from many local channels. Its cheap plan will be appreciated by many people, but if you are short by the ads, you can upgrade your plan to get rid of them.
Getting Hulu on the Xbox 360 involves searching for the Hulu app in the Store, then downloading and launching the app. Now you just need to log in to your Hulu account and you are good to go.