One of the most notable pros of LG smart TVs is the display. LG smart TVs have some of the best OLED screens available, so they are perfect for viewing content, especially streaming content with many visual enhancements.
With the beautiful screen, people will want to enjoy their favorite movies or shows from many streaming services even more. One of such streaming services is Hulu, so can LG smart TV run Hulu? How to get Hulu on LG smart TV?
How to get Hulu on LG smart TV?
Before getting Hulu on your LG smart TV, check if your model is compatible with the latest version of the Hulu app. Then it is simply the matter of finding the app and downloading it on the LG content store.
What LG smart TV models support the Hulu app?
Most LG smart TV models will support certain versions of the Hulu app. And depending on the compatible versions the TVs support and the plan you sign up for, the content and the features that viewers can use will vary.
The latest Hulu app
Many LG smart TV models support the latest version of the Hulu app and viewers will be able to enjoy the new features and all of the content included in your Hulu plan.
Here are the LG smart TV models that have the latest version of the Hulu pre-installed:
- LG Smart TV models with web OS 3.5 or higher.
- Some LG smart TV models with web OS 3.0, except for the B6, UH6330, and UH 6350 models and the UH 61, UH76, and UH77 series.
- LG Smart TV models that run Roku OS (Roku TV) – the LF5700 series.
The classic Hulu app
Most older LG smart TV models with web OS 3.0 still support and come with the classic Hulu app.
With the classic Hulu app, viewers can still enjoy content from Hulu’s streaming library. But it lacks certain features, premium add-ons, and Hulu’s live TV.
How to check if your LG smart TV model supports certain versions of the Hulu app?
You can check LG’s website about your specific TV models for more information. Alternatively, you can also check for the model and the serial number of your LG smart TV.
Here are where to find the model or the serial numbers:
- On the back of the TV
- On the TV by pressing 3 times on the “Mute” button on the TV’s remote to display the information
- On the TV (with older models) by pressing the “Home” button on the TV’s remote. Viewers then select “Settings”, then “Support menu”, then “Product/Service Info”, and press OK.
Getting the Hulu app on LG smart TVs
From the main home screen
With many newer LG smart TV models, viewers are offered to install the Hulu app directly.
With the Netcast and web OS 3.5 on LG smart TVs, the process is very simple. Here are the steps on getting the Hulu app on LG smart TVs:
- Step 1: On the main Home Screen, locate the search function (it should be in the bottom options bar), and choose the search option to launch the search bar.
- Step 2: Type “Hulu”, then hit “Enter” to search for the Hulu app.
- Step 3: Click the Hulu app and install it.
With the Hulu app installed on your LG smart TV, you can launch the app and log in to your Hulu account or sign-up for a new one to access Hulu’s rich content.
From the LG content store
If you can’t find the Hulu app when searching for it from the main home screen, you can head to the LG content store and look for the app there. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Grab the TV’s remote and press the Home button, then choose “More apps”
- Step 2: Select “LG content store”, then navigate to the Premium section.
- Step 3: Now navigate to the search bar and type Hulu to search for the app
- Step 4: If the app appears, choose the app and install it. From here, the steps for getting into Hulu are mostly the same when you find Hulu from the Homescreen.
If in both options, you can not find the Hulu app, then your TV model likely isn’t compatible with the latest version of the apps.
So how can you get Hulu on your LG smart TV?
From external streaming devices that support Hulu
One of the cool features of smart TVs is that viewers can simply plug in external streaming devices and the TV will act like a normal TV screen.
Most streaming devices will support Hulu, including many Roku streaming devices and Amazon Fire Stick or the Fire Cube. Installation is easy as well, just plug the devices in your TV via the HDMI port, then plug it in a power source.
Many streaming devices will have the Hulu app pre-installed, so all you have to do is power up your streaming device, and find the Hulu app relatively easy (it may sit on the home screen waiting for content consumption.
If you can’t find or your streaming device somehow doesn’t have Hulu, the steps are very similar to what you do on your LG smart TV alone, including finding the app on the search bar, then choose, install the app, and sign up or log in to your account.
So, how to get Hulu on LG smart TV? First, check if your LG smart TV model is compatible with the Hulu app, then you just install the app by searching the app using the search bar on the main screen or the LG content store, then install and use the app.
Alternatively, you can just plug in another streaming device and use Hulu from there.