The Amazon Fire Stick is one of the streaming devices that deliver a great watching experience in a compact shape and at an affordable price. With the newer models like the Stick Plus or the Stick 4K, you can enjoy your content even better.
But, one of the reasons people get a streaming device is to enjoy their favorite content with streaming services. That is what people watch on the TV anyways. So it makes sense to wonder: Is Hulu free with Amazon Fire Stick?
You may also like: The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide: How to Watch TV Without Cable or Satellite
Is Hulu free with Amazon Fire Stick?
When buying the Amazon Fire Stick, you won’t have to purchase anything else to use the device. However, if you want to watch any streaming service that costs money like Hulu, you will have to purchase them separately.
About the Amazon Fire Stick
The Amazon Fire Stick is a solid streaming device that delivers a great watching experience with many visual standards like 4K (with the 4K model), HDR, 60 FPS, and audio standards like Dolby Audio.
With a good-quality TV to take advantage of 4K, 60 FPS, and HDR support, a surround setup of speakers to take advantage of Dolby standards, and roughly $40 for the Amazon Fire Stick, you are ready to enjoy your favorite content at its full glory.
The Amazon Fire Stick is small, compact yet capable. When all is set up, the stick doesn’t take up much space at all.
The setup itself is simple as well, just plug the Stick into the back of your TV, then plug another cable for the power source, either from an outlet or from the TV itself.
The Amazon Fire Stick comes with many of people’s favorite streaming services with good old and new content like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube TV, Disney Plus,…
And of course, you also get many Amazon perks, such as Amazon Prime Video. If you are a Prime member, you get additional perks like extra channels for free and more.
Like many other Amazon tech products, it comes with an Alexa voice assistant, so you can enjoy most of the perks of Alexa like controlling playback, searching and accessing content fast, navigating the UI, asking for the weather, and more.
However, as mentioned, while the Hulu app is available or can be downloaded in the FireOS of the Stick, the device only acts as a gate to access Hulu. If you want to watch content from Hulu, you will need to pay for the offers from Hulu.
Hulu is a good and affordable streaming service that offers many of people’s favorite content from multiple TV channels like ABC, NBC, Fox, and more. It also airs shows rather quickly.
It also has a growing number of originals, but for now, the amount isn’t as much as other services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
However, its pricing is one of its strong pros, at just about $6 per month. That is a lot cheaper compared to other services like Netflix at about $9 per month and Amazon Prime Video at about $13 per month.
But, the $6 price tag is ad-included. If you want an ad-free experience, you will have to upgrade the plan to about $12 per month.
If you want to comfortably go cordless with your TV channels, Hulu offers Hulu Plus Live TV at about $65 per month (with ads) and about 71$ per month (without ads).
Aside from the ads, another caveat is that the UI is not easy to navigate with tons of content categories, which can cause slight confusion. Also, Hulu doesn’t support HDR content yet.
Is Hulu included with Amazon Prime membership?
Hulu isn’t included in Amazon Prime membership. Prime membership will get you:
- Free delivery when shopping on Amazon.com: you will get free 2-day shipping, free same-day delivery, free 2-hour delivery, and pre-order for many movies, books, and games.
- Prime Video: you can enjoy many Amazon Prime Originals and many popular movies, TV shows, and live events. You can enjoy the content on many platforms like Android, iOS, smart TVs, consoles, streaming devices, and more.
- Amazon Music: you can enjoy over 2 million songs with Alexa integration for free.
- Unlimited storage with Amazon photos.
- Instant access to Kindle ebooks: you can borrow one book per month with no due date on any Kindle device.
However, you can sign-up and pay for Hulu offers through Amazon. Here are the steps to sign up for Hulu using the Amazon Fire Stick:
- Step 1: Download, then launch the Hulu app, or just open the app on your Amazon Fire Stick
- Step 2: Click “Start your free trial plan”
- Step 3: Here you can choose your desired Hulu offers: Hulu (normal with ads, Hulu (no ads), or Hulu Plus Live TV
- Step 4: Sign up by entering your email address, password, then personal information. You can also use your Amazon account with the same email.
If the app prompts you to log in instead of choosing a Hulu offer, then the email is already assigned to a Hulu offer before.
- Step 5: Take a look at Amazon Pay’s terms, then choose “Accept and Continue”
- Step 6: Now you can sign in to your Hulu account, then personalize your content and enjoy your favorite shows
When you want to change or update the payment method, switch plans or manage add-ons, or cancel your offer with Amazon Pay. When you cancel Hulu, you will have access to Hulu until the end of the billing cycle.
So, Is Hulu free with Amazon Fire Stick? To use the Amazon Fire Stick, you just have to buy the device and don’t have to pay an additional fee.
However, if you want to use Hulu, you will have to subscribe and pay for the Hulu offers separately.