Netflix offers viewers lots of movies and TV shows from many great sources of content. It also has many original titles that won many awards. The content range on Netflix is just a lot to choose from. They also support many visual standards.
So it makes sense that people will like to enjoy those content on LG smart TV with excellent screens and visual standards like 4K (LG even makes 8K smart TVs), HDR, Dolby Vision, etc. So How to watch Netflix on LG smart TV?
How to watch Netflix on LG smart TV?
The process is rather simple. The general steps involve looking for the Netflix app or installing it. After that, you just need to create a Netflix account or log in to your existing account, then you can enjoy your favorite content.
The Netflix app is pre-installed on many LG smart TVs. So all you have to do to access the Netflix app is:
Turn on your LG smart TV, then scroll your Home screen to reveal the Netflix app, then choose the app to launch it.
Or if the app isn’t on your LG smart TV, head to the LG content store, then go to the search bar, then type in “Netflix” to search for the app, then download it. After it is done, just launch the app.
You may also like: How do you turn subtitles off on Netflix on Apple TV?
How to set up a Netflix account on the LG smart TV?
If you have an existing Netflix account
- Step 1: Turn on your TV using the remote.
- Step 2: Find and launch the Netflix app
- Step 3: Enter your username and password, and you are ready to go.
If you are new to Netflix
The signup process to get a new Netflix account is very simple and can be done within minutes. There are 2 ways to do this. First with your personal computer (or any mobile devices), second is using your LG smart TV.
Using your computer
- Step 1: Open your browser, then head to this link: com/signup.
- Step 2: Choose a plan that suits you the most. There are 4 plans in total:
Mobile, with the video resolution of 480p
Mobile plus, with the video resolution of 1080p
Standard, with the resolution of 1080p but you can watch on your computers and TVs additionally, so go for this plan if you want to watch Netflix on your LG smart TV.
Premium, with a resolution of 4K with HDR support. This plan also has computers and TVs as platforms.
Moreover, you can upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time desired.
- Step 3: Create an account by entering your email address and a new password.
- Step 4: Choose your payment method, then enter your credit card number.
- Step 5: You now complete signing up for a Netflix account on your computer. Just head back to your LG smart TV and log in to your account like mentioned above.
Using your LG smart TV
First, get the Netflix app on your TV and launch it. The app will usually be ready on the LG app bar and you can bring this bar up by pressing the Home button on your TV’s remote (the white button with a house shape on it)
When launching the app, you will see the app screen with 2 big options: “Start your free month” and “Sign in”. With the “Sign in” option, just hit it and enter your username and password to access Netflix.
The “Start your free month” option is actually a perk when buying an LG smart TV so that you can watch the content and see if you like it or not.
Here are the steps to set up your Netflix account with the LG smart TV:
- Step 1: Point the remote to the “Start your free month” option and choose it
- Step 2: You will be asked to provide some personal information, so fill them in. That includes your first name, last name, email, and passwords.
- Step 3: After finishing proving your information, choose your plan. There are 3 plans available:
1 screen: You can watch Netflix on 1 screen only at the resolution of 480p. The price is $8.99 per month.
2 screens + HD: You can watch Netflix on 2 screens at the same time at the resolution of 720p. The price is $11.99 per month.
4 screens + HD: You can watch Netflix on 4 screens at the same time at the resolution of 4K. The price is $14.99 per month.
It is important to check the specification of your LG smart TV to see if it can keep up with the Netflix plans. If your LG smart TV screen is 1080p, perhaps the second option will fit you best.
Also, 4K streaming requires a stable internet connection, so at least 25 Mbps is recommended to enjoy 4K content without interruption. You can contact your internet provider to make sure your internet has what it takes.
Just like when you sign up with your computer, you can upgrade or downgrade at any time desired.
- Step 4: Choose your payment method, then enter your card number. Netflix lets you pay for the plan with VISA or Mastercard.
Your credit card details will be transferred securely to Netflix to confirm your accounts.
- Step 5: Now you are ready to enjoy content from Netflix.
So, How to watch Netflix on LG smart TV? It’s simple and takes only a couple of minutes to access a large range of great content and original titles of Netflix.
The process involves launching the Netflix app from your home screen (or install from the LG content store, then launch it), logging in to your Netflix account, or setting up a new account.
You can set up your new account with your computer or through your LG smart TV and get the first month free.