With the Blu-ray feature, you can get better experiences with a higher quality of the video. Besides, it offers you much more data storage compared to other types.
Therefore, many manufacturers have tried their best to get this feature on their game consoles. But how about the Xbox 360 from Microsoft?
Does the Xbox 360 have Blu-ray?
Unfortunately, Xbox 360 doesn’t play Blu-ray discs like the way other devices can. but that doesn’t mean you can’t watch your Blu-ray movies on Xbox 360 consoles. It is possible for you to get a Blu-ray Ripper to make this feature available on your Xbox 360.
Until now, Xbox 360 would be able to connect with DVDs, CDs, and HD DVDs. However, to play Blu-ray effectively, you should consider some ways mentioned as belows:
The Blu-ray standard was released to the public in 2002 by Blu-ray Disc Association. And now its name becomes a trademark of Sony Corporation. In the design aspect, a Blu-ray disc has no difference from a Standard DVD. But for technical specifications, the Blu-ray disc has some outstanding features as follows:
- High capacity of data and video storage
- 1080p resolution
- Uncompressed surround sound
- Higher rate of data transmission: 4.2Mbps
- Advanced interactive features
- Backward compatibility
- Higher level of resistance
How to play Blu-ray movies on Xbox 360?
- Step 1: Select your most suitable Blu-ray Ripper
- Step 2: Select your USB option in the Xbox 360 Storage Devices section
- Step 3: Connect your Blu-ray disc to the computer supporting the mentioned Blu-ray Ripper
- Step 4: Choose an appropriate Xbox 360 Profile
- Step 5: Allow the Blu-ray Ripper to rip your Blu-ray disc
- Step 6: After the ripping process, copy your file into your USB
- Step 7: Play your favorite Blu-ray disc on any display device connected with your Xbox 360
How to make use of a Blu-ray Ripper?
Now it has a lot of Blu-ray Ripper options suitable for your demand. Most of the Blu-ray Ripper software have the same way of operation. Here’s how:
Using DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper
- Step 1: Find the latest version of DVDFab, then install it for your device
- Step 2: Activate your DVDFab, then choose the Ripper option
- Step 3: Set up your Blu-ray disc (BD) in the drive of the optical Blu-ray disc. In case you do not have any disc, set up a BD ISO or folder
- Step 4: Tap the Video Profile Selector option
- Step 5: Select Microsoft under the Device heading, then choose the Xbox 360 from the coming up menu
- Step 6: Pick up the High-Quality option and select the Video Settings to check whether it meets your demand or not.
- Step 7: Choose the Video Editor to start editing your video
- Step 8: Tap on the Start button to start ripping the Blu-ray to be usable on your Xbox 360
For DVDFab, it offers you a lot of useful features in the Edit section including trimming, cropping, adding subtitles or background music, and watermark. Therefore, you can make sure that you get a good quality of the video.
- Step 9: After it finishes editing your video, select the OK
- Step 10: Click on the Choose other titles option to have all your Blu-ray videos
- Step 11: Tap the OK option to rip those into the Xbox 360-compatible format.
Some questions related to the Blu-ray on Xbox 360
What to do if your USB device is not working on your Xbox 360?
- Step 1: Select the Restart option for your Xbox 360 system
- Step 2: Plug your USB device into the USB port on Xbox 360 again
- Step 3: Switch your console off
- Step 4: Unplug the power cable from its outlet, then reconnect it
- Step 5: Activate your console again
Is Blu-ray better than streaming?
Blu-ray is considered to be a better choice than streaming until now. The reasons include:
- Higher level of reliability: It is able to use your Blu-ray disc with or without any Internet connection. Meanwhile, streaming services are only accessible when you have an Internet connection.
- Higher quality: A high definition resolution together with an uncompressed feature helps Blu-ray to give a better quality of video and audio.
- Additional features: Blu-ray disc also offers you several special features such as deleted scenes, blooper reels, adding subtitles, altering the language of audio, and changing the format of video.
How to change the screen resolution on your Xbox 360?
- Step 1: Hold down the Guide option on your Xbox controller
- Step 2: Move to Settings, then select the System settings option
- Step 3: Choose the Console Settings menu
- Step 4: Click on the Display button
- Step 5: Choose the HDTV Settings
- Step 6: Pick up the most resolution for your display device
It is impossible to play Blu-ray discs directly on any model of Xbox 360. For Blu-ray, you should make use of some Blu-ray Ripper converters to get it ready on Xbox 360. DVDFab and Ecoshare Blu-ray Ripper are some effective options for your consideration.
Both software are available on different types of systems so it is easier to install it for your own computer. Once it’s accessible, you can rip the Blu-ray to use it on your Xbox 360 simply.