Xbox 360 is one of the most favorite game consoles for many years competing directly with Nintendo or Playstation. The newer model of Xbox 360 is, the more features it offers for customers.
About USB ports, it is not strange among electronic devices with a huge number of benefits. But is it possible for Xbox 360 users to get this feature? Or does the Xbox 360 have a USB port?
Does the Xbox 360 have a USB port?
Most of the Xbox 360 can get access to USB devices. There are some specific types of USB hard drives which are compatible with the Xbox 360 consoles.
Xbox 360 consoles support multiple USB devices at the same time and the number of USB ports will depend on which model it is. Besides, USB devices have to meet some basic requirements to connect with the Xbox 360.
Which Xbox 360 console does have USB ports?
The Xbox 360 was introduced to the public in 2006 by Microsoft. Since then, they have improved their products to give customers more impressive experiences. There are now 3 main versions of Xbox 360 including the original Xbox 360, Xbox 360 S, and Xbox 360 E. Each version has some small differences in functions and designs.
To be more specific, the original Xbox 360 offers you three USB 2.0 ports in which 2 ports are on the front and 1 ports are on the backside. For Xbox 360 E, you can connect your devices with 2 USB ports on the front and 2 USB ports on the back. Regarding the Xbox 360 S, up to 5 USB 2.0 ports are designed for your console including 2 front ports and 3 backports.
Therefore, the newer model of Xbox 360 you have, the more chances you can get to connect with multiple USB devices. This feature can help you to optimize your entertainment experience with several supporting devices at the same time.
You may also like: Does Xbox 360 have Netflix?
Which types of USB hard drives can work with your Xbox 360 console?
The Xbox 360 series gives you many options of memory storage from 4GB to 512GB at equivalent prices. In case you get the small ones, you still have a chance to maximize your memory storage with a USB hard drive. However, not all USB drives will be able to work well with the Xbox 360. Here are some types of compatible USB devices:
- USB external hard drives: To get access, your hard drive has to have the ability to work on the Windows FAT32 Besides, the maximum storage space of a hard drive that the Xbox 360 can now use is only 16GB. Nevertheless, there is no limit to which brands of hard drives you should get for your Xbox 360 console.
- USB flash drives: For flash drives, they have to meet the same requirements as the external hard drives. However, it is highly recommended for you to get a USB flash drive produced by Microsoft which specializes in the use of Xbox 360.
How to know whether your USB devices can connect with Xbox 360 or not?
It is not complicated to determine if your USB drives would be compatible with Xbox 360. You should take the action step-by-step as belows:
- Step 1: Plug your USB drive into any USB port on your Xbox 360
- Step 2: Open the Xbox 360 Menu, then click on My Xbox
- Step 3: Select the System Settings
- Step 4: Choose the USB storage device option under the Memory heading, then choose the Configure Now feature
After you finish this step, your Xbox 360 will start to check the connection ability of your USB drive. If it gives a positive result, it does mean that the USB drive in use is compatible with your Xbox 360 console.
The way to use your USB drives efficiently and effectively
In case you are using several USB devices at the same time, it is still possible for you to choose which USB device you want to connect to at that time. In order to change the settings for your USB connection, you would consider the following guideline:
- Step 1: Click on the My Xbox option from the Xbox Menu
- Step 2: Choose the Memory option right after the System settings menu
- Step 3: Click on the main storage device for your Xbox from the list
- Step 4: Hold down the A button, then choose the Copy or Move option
- Step 5: Select the name of the USB device you would like to use
Now your Xbox 360 console is connected with your USB device so that you can take advantage of its storage space. Moreover, in some situations, once you let your game or any program begin, your device will ask which storage device you want to utilize. Then, all you need to do is to click on the USB hard drive instead of other options. Since then, your programs will be saved on the mentioned USB drive.
The majority of Xbox 360 consoles now support the USB connection. The different versions will have a different number of USB ports available. Specifically, the original Xbox 360 gives you 3 USB ports while the Xbox 360 E and Xbox 360 S offer 4 USB ports and 5 USB ports respectively.
It is very simple for any user to check whether their USB device would be accessible with the Xbox 360 as well as to know how to use it suitably.